Origin: Pinghe Town, Fujian Province
Harvest: 2023 spring tea, tender leaves
Fermantation: Medium light fire charcoal roasting
use Porcelain or Zisha teawares to brew 10 rounds and above, at 95-100℃, tea:water 1:22, flush in the water and pour out the tea soup immediately
- dry tea shape is tight and sturdy, even and round, the color is lustrous bluish brown with honey yellow
- the soup is orange yellow, clear and bright
- the taste is mellow and smooth with a sweet aftertaste
- the internal aroma is heavy and lasting orchid flowery fragrances, regional “Mountain Rhyme”
- wet leaves are soft and bright
According to legend in the Qianlong Period of Qing Dynasty (1735～1795) , beside a water well in the Pinghe town, there was a peculiar tea tree, new sprouts and leaves were in white-green color. The oolong tea made of these leaves has special orchid fragrances and bright apricot yellow tea soups, therefore, people called it Baiyaqilan – White Sprout Special Orchid.
Manufacturing processes are very similar to Tie Guan Yin’s, but its fragrances are unique, unlike other oolong teas‘ fragrances, (Huang Jin Gui’s sweet-scented osmanthus fragrance, Ben Shan’s Aglaia odorata fragrance, Shui Xian’s daffodil fragrance, Dan Cong’s yulan magnolia fragrance, Mei Zhan’s honey peach fragrance and Eight Immortal’s carambola fragrance) Bai Ya Qi Lan has a mysterious mixed orchid fragrance.