- dry tea fat buds, thick fluff silver white hair, rich luster
- tea soup is green clear and light apricot yellow
- fresh, tasty and refreshing taste with sweet aftertaste
- high enduring orchid fragrance
- wet tea is tender and even
Fu Ding white tea 福鼎白茶 [fú dǐng] is original from Mont. Tai Lao in Fujian province, jade white 1 shoot and 1 leaf are harvested in springs and then should be withered naturally or in temperature controlled ovens, dried, and then put into freezers for 3 hours at 1-5℃. This tea variety, Dabai tea tree is also known to produce Bai Mu Dan – White Peony 白牡丹 [bái mǔ dan] tea, which is famous of its dry tea appearance, a green leaf is wrapped a white hair covered shoot like a white peony bud. Fat shoots from this variety are produced Bai Hao Yin Zhen tea – White Hair Silver Needle 白毫银针 [bái háo yín zhēn], 寿眉 (贡眉) [shòu méi (gòng méi)] is from another variety Cai Cha in Fujian province.