- dry tea is small and slender, even, covered with light golden tea hair, lustrous pitch-balck color
- tea soup is golden red with “golden ring”
- smooth and mellow, thick and sweet taste
- clean and high, and sweet fragrance
- wet tea showing a fresh and bright bronze color
Jin Jun Mei is made of tea bud tips which are picked before Tomb-sweeping Day, the rare and primitive wild mountain tea breed is in the National Natural Conservation Area of Wuyi Mountain, with an attitude of 1500 to 1800 meters. Huang Ya means yellow sprouts, is the top-quality Jin Jun Mei and is famous of its rich golden-yellow hair, tender sprouts and high fragrances.
A skilled female worker can only pick about 2000 pieces of tea bud tips per day, and 500 grams of Jinjunmei need tens of thousands of pieces of tea bud tips to produce. Processed Jinjunmei has to adopt the traditional hand-made Lapsang Souchong processing technology, the following characteristics: tight, slender and gold-yellow-black tea leaves; golden tea liquid; mixed aromas of fruit, flower, honey, and potato. It is a rare top-level treasure.