use Zisha teapot to brew 9 rounds and above, at 100℃, tea:water 1:22
- dry tea is fat and even in shape, tight and curly, like the head of a dragonfly, the belly of a frog, or dried like an oyster. It has a bright color, alternating brown, yellow and dark green.
- orange yellow thick tea soup
- sweet, refreshing, strong and mellow taste, obvious throat rhyme, with endless aftertaste
- strong and sharp unique “orchid fragrance”
- Gao Cong- high bush flavour
- wet leaves after brewing, soft and bright, light yellow and green in the middle, red spot and bright red edge
Jian’ou is the most famous ancient tea capital in history. Ancient tea garden sites can be seen everywhere in the countryside of Jian’ou. These ancient tea garden sites are scattered like pearls in various towns of Jian’ou. Cai Xiang’s <Tea Record 茶录> and Zhao Ji’s <Treatise on Grand Sight of Tea 大观茶论> have all mentioned the site of “Beiyuan Tribute Roasting” Beiyuan tribute tea garden, which is located in Jianzhou, Fujian Province, the relics of stone inscriptions in Beiyuan tribute tea garden of Song Dynasty were discovered on the hillside of Linlong, Baoqian natural village, Peiqiao village, Dongfeng Town, Jian’ou City, Fujian Province in 1985.
Oolong tea are mainly produced in Fujian, Guangdong and Taiwan areas, according to the orgins, oolong could be divided into four sorts: North Min (闽- short for Fujian), South Min, Guangdong and Taiwan. In rencent years, Sichuan, Hunan, Hubei and Guizhou provinces also produce oolong teas. North Min oolong teas are produced in Jianyang, Wuyi mountian, Jian’ou, Shaowu and Zhenghe, Wuyi Yan Cha 武夷岩茶 – Wuyi Rock Tea is the most famous one e.g. Da Hong Pao, Tieluohan, Baijiguan, Shuijingui, Bantianyao, Wuyi Rougui and Wuyi Shuixian etc.. Besides normal oolong pruducing processes, North Min fine oolong add some other processes, roasting, screening and winnowing etc., among all, the fine manipulation and roasting techniques make North Min oolong more special.