- the dry tea shows buds with thick hair, the color is gray yellow and brown
- the aroma is fresh and pure, aged fragrances
- the soup is apricot yellow and bright, it is reddish brown when boiled
- the taste is clear and sweet, mellow and refreshing taste with sweet aftertaste
- the wet leaves are yellow and red brown, and the leaf veins are red
Fu Ding white tea 福鼎白茶 [fú dǐng] is original from Mont. Tai Lao in Fujian province, jade white 1 shoot and 1 leaf are harvested in springs and then should be withered naturally or in temperature controlled ovens, dried, and then put into freezers for 3 hours at 1-5℃. This tea variety, Dabai tea tree is also known to produce Bai Mu Dan – White Peony 白牡丹 [bái mǔ dan] tea, which is famous of its dry tea appearance, a green leaf is wrapped a white hair covered shoot like a white peony bud. Fat shoots from this variety are produced Bai Hao Yin Zhen tea – White Hair Silver Needle 白毫银针 [bái háo yín zhēn], 寿眉 (贡眉) [shòu méi (gòng méi)] is from another variety Cai Cha in Fujian province.